A far cry from the life I said good by to in London a couple of years ago, a typical journey for me to have a haircut would involve a 30 to 40 minute drive in heavy local traffic just to cover the two mile journey from my fat, then another 20 minutes to find a vacant parking meter, then feed the meter with at least £6 from my bag of 60 pound coins (I always carried with me for parking meters) then to haircut which would cost no less than £40, worst of all, I don't even have a lot of hair to cut! My haircut today in Limassol, €11 including the tip.
It Is the simple things about living in Limassol that makes you fall in love with the place. Sure it's not perfect, of course if you wanted to you could quite easily spend your day complaining about this and that, but where is perfect?
It's just the simple things that make Limassol life so dam easy ~
- Going to get grocery, no crowds, no traffic, free parking.
- Taking items to the dry cleaners, ditto above.
- Going out for coffee, ditto above. My favourite two places for coffee in Limassol are Starbucks at Enarious and Londa Hotel, both are a few minutes drive from where I live and of course with free and easy parking. Most importantly both offer soya milk (I'm vegan).
- A drive to the beach, parking just meters from the sea and of course for free.
- And perhaps the thing I love the most, not having to take 6 layers of clothing to cater for all four seasons on any given journey as I always would in London. You only need to be sure of having two things in Cyprus, sunscreen and sunglasses.
There is no limit to this list, I could go on and on but I think you get the point.
I was asked a few days ago by a friend if I would be going back to London for Christmas, the first thought that came into my mind, what for?
Living the Mediterranean dream and loving life
Mike ~ I Love Limassol team member